We have a limited number of places available. APPLY HERE.
To apply, you:
- Should be in years 9 – 12 and live in the northwest of England.
- Could have a range of interests, such as architecture, buildings and spaces, how places are designed or built, subjects such as geography, art and design, being creative, or just simply want to find out more about what opportunities exist.
- Need no particular experience or knowledge – we will work with you to support you on the journey.
- Are asked to be open, curious and willing to work collaboratively in order for you to shape your experience of the Academy to your interest and learn from your mentors and peers.
- Do not have to have made a decision about what career you want to do.
What will I get out of it?
Our Academy participants have told us about the benefits they have taken from the programme, from career insights to developing new skills. Below are just some of the things we hope you can benefit from too:
- Growing in confidence
- Getting comfortable working with new people
- Collaboration skills
- Increased knowledge of career options and routes
- Learning skills to help you in school, college and university
- Learning directly from professionals
- Communication skills
- Developing your self-belief to know that your view matters
Our ambition is to expose you to new ways of working, learning and collaborating. You will not be assessed in a formal way: this is not what success looks like in the Academy. Instead, we will help you to develop new skills, gain new friends and experiences, and help you to feel confident about your next steps, whatever they may be.
How do I graduate from the programme?
We ask you to commit to a minimum of 10 days worth of activity between Sept 2023 and April 2024. You can select from monthly workshops to secure your credits.
Upon completion, you will be awarded with a certificate of recognition for your work and contribution to the programme which you can add to your profile of achievement.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
How will we select participants?
We will select participants based on their application form. PLACED is passionate about supporting diversity in the built environment. Therefore, we will be looking to recruit a balanced cohort, selecting applicants from schools and areas from across the region, with a wide mix of interests, from different year groups, and from different ethic backgrounds.