We are currently looking for Partners and Sponsors to work with us to support our 2020-21 programme, allowing another group of young people to develop confidence, skills and believe they can succeed in their chosen career path. This page outlines the benefits of the programme and how you can get involved and help us to make a difference.
The outcomes of the Academy
Academy participants become confident, informed young people able to think creatively to solve problems and develop ideas. The impact on our 2019-20 participants includes:
- Developing transferable skills: 92% of participants told us that they have developed skills that will help them in school, college or university.
- Improved self belief: 100% of our of participants are more comfortable working with people they do not know, and 85% have increased in confidence.
- Increased citizenship: 73% now feel they could help to shape decisions about where they live and 96% say they know how the design of towns and cities can impact people
- Supporting young people into pathways: 88% of participants said they have a better knowledge of career and education routes, 85% said the programme will improve their application for university or further education and 81% are more confident that they could work the sector.
- Supporting contact with industry: One third of our participants have been successful in securing work experience placements through the Academy.
SPONSOR THE ACADEMY
Supporting the Academy is simple. We are inviting businesses to sponsor a place for a young person on the course for just £200 per quarter, with a minimum commitment of 12 months, or alternatively a one-off payment of £800.
If you choose to support multiple young people, you will benefit from a reduced rate for two placements of £1,400.
In addition to the positive impact you will have on young people as outlined above, benefits to your company include:
- Support your company Corporate Social Responsibility and Social Value Agendas
- Positive activity to support tenders and proposals
- Use of photographs for use on your website, social media and tenders
- Academy Sponsor logo for use on your email footer and website
- Logo on PLACED Academy website including a direct link to your website
- Social media posts reflecting your support
- Identified as a named Sponsor on website, launch and graduation brochure
- Opportunity to personally meet the students at their graduation
- Be a part of our PLACED network, consisting of industry professionals across the northwest.
Become an academy partner
We are keen to work with a limited number of companies as Partners. In addition to Sponsor benefits, Partners benefit from:
- Opportunity for the group to act as a young consultancy group, inviting them to input into a design, policy or scheme you are currently working on. The consultation will be designed and managed by PLACED and will give you a unique insight into young people’s views and helps you reach a harder to reach demographic
- Increased level of social media posts and mentions
- Opportunity to deliver a keynote speech or presentation at the launch and graduation
- Named Partner on all print and promotional materials
- Event signage at all public events
Our Partner rates are £5,000 per annum.
Want to just make a donation?
Don’t want to be a sponsor but would like to make a one-off, small donation? We’d love to hear from you.
Donations over £50 will support us in providing the little extras including a simple lunch and covering travel costs for participants, making the programme a truly fantastic opportunity. Please contact us to explore this option.
Find out more
You can download a brochure about sponsorship here.
To discuss Partner and Sponsor opportunities contact PLACED Director Jo Harrop on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07968 237 280.