The PLACED Academy 19 – 20 was delivered between July 2019 and May 2020. 45 young people took part in the programme overall, with 35 graduates.
The first programme was a great success, and made possible by the generous support of our Partners and Sponsors. You can see some of the projects they worked on in the News section of this website.
The outcomes of the Academy 2019 – 2020
Academy participants become confident, informed young people able to think creatively to solve problems and develop ideas. The impact on our 2019-20 participants includes:
- Developing transferable skills: 92% of participants told us that they have developed skills that will help them in school, college or university.
- Improved self belief: 100% of our of participants are more comfortable working with people they do not know, and 85% have increased in confidence.
- Increased citizenship: 73% now feel they could help to shape decisions about where they live and 96% say they know how the design of towns and cities can impact people
- Supporting young people into pathways: 88% of participants said they have a better knowledge of career and education routes, 85% said the programme will improve their application for university or further education and 81% are more confident that they could work the sector.
- Supporting contact with industry: One third of our participants have been successful in securing work experience placements through the Academy.
You can view our interim Impact report which describes the activity and impact of our first PLACED Academy here.
The 19 – 20 PLACED Academy would not be possible without the support from our network of Partners and Sponsors. You can find out more about them by clicking their logos below.